FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: MOON STONES Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words moon and/or stone, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on June14th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Moon Stones will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, June 15th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Luis Cuauhtemoc Berriozabal


The Glowing Moon

 

The streets are dark.

The glowing moon

shines on the sleeping

 

trees and naked leaves.

It shines for hours

and hours.  It shines

 

on the houses too.

I welcome the moon.

I talk to myself.

 

The glowing moon

fits in my hand in

the most absurd dream.

 




The Stones are Watching


The stones are watching me.

They look through my naked soul.

They are silent and rough.

They are not without judgment.

 

Perhaps they hope I could

change.  I cannot stand myself.

They are hard on me.  Still

I am free to dismiss them.

 

I stare at nothingness.

Unwisely, I pick

up the mute stones and toss

them far away.

Passing judgment, the stones

do not speak.  They

fill me with guilt and grief.

They seem to be

much more human than me.





Nobody Sleep


Nobody sleep.

The prowling moon will get you.

Its hands of light

will search you out where you sleep.

 

Walk away from

its touch of death.  The prowling

moon needs to fill

its quota for its prisons

 

and madhouses

deep in the jungle of the

moon, where poets

like moths fall for its bright lights.

 

Nobody sleep.

The prowling moon will only

take the dreamers.

Perhaps it’s not a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michelle Smith

Moon Stones Mine are purple, gray, light blue  Oval  Ornate  Natural  Stone stylish  Twilighted and taken Original, opaque  New Elegant  👑 ...