FOUR FEATHERS PRESS ONLINE EDITION: MOON STONES Send up to three poems on the subject of or at least mentioning the words moon and/or stone, totaling up to 150 lines in length, in the body of an email message or attached in a Word file to donkingfishercampbell@gmail.com by 11:59 PM PST on June14th. No PDF's please. Color artwork is also desired. Please send in JPG form. No late submissions accepted. Poets and artists published in Four Feathers Press Online Edition: Moon Stones will be published online and invited to read at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, June 15th between 3 and 5 pm PST.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

CLS Sandoval

Evening Landscape with Rising Moon by Vincent Van Gogh

 

Looking too closely

It’s perhaps a confusing image

Thick, colorful brush strokes

Rising moon that looks like it’s harvest time

Pull back

Everything looks perfect from far away (1)

The Postal Service was a band that filled the soundtrack

Of my masters degree in Muncie, Indiana

That was the last time I lived anywhere

With fields that wide

Or skies clear enough to see the moon so clearly

 


(1) From Such Great Heights by The Postal Service




Goodbye, My Love

 

As a thunder burst, you have come and gone,

You light my dark world like sunrise at dawn.

A tear now forms and cools my fiery cheek,

Life without you seems frozen and bleak,

 

Tenderness in your touch, love in your eyes,

You are tranquil, wistful, and wise,

I want to dwell inside your mind, consume your every thought,

You take me by the hand, and in your spell I’m caught,

 

Through the fog and mist of night, I behold your face,

You have taken all of me, and now leave without a trace,

In your arms you embrace me, and with your eyes so fair,

I will forever cherish every last moment that we share,

 

As moonlight falls upon me, I feel your very essence,

Above all, now my desire remains your presence,

Though miles apart we may be, I will still want you,

You fill my memory, and urge me to be true,

 

Your beauty and your intellect make you rise above the rest,

To be only your lover, this is my sole quest,

Around us, the stress of life will spin and whirl,

But all I really want is to be your girl.




Rattler

 

Vampires hate sun

Werewolves howl at the full moon

I slither to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michelle Smith

Moon Stones Mine are purple, gray, light blue  Oval  Ornate  Natural  Stone stylish  Twilighted and taken Original, opaque  New Elegant  👑 ...